Saturday, May 27, 2006

What up.

I have been soooooo busy lately I haven't had time to get on a computer for a while. anyway I will try and remember what has happened this crazy week. Steve's wedding reception was fantastic. I got to sit next to the happy couple at the main table with my family. Tom and Steve both mentioned my mum in their speeches which was very touching.

I got to meet president carter and his family. The boat house is a beautiful place for a wedding. we had boat rides and lots of drinks and I eat heaps of smoked salmon. Then we went to this party (Steve's friends from school and me) at this nice apartment, there were some cool girls their and we drank lots more, amazing view from his roof of central park. Then a lovely girl named Dena arrived, a friend of Rachael. She is nice and we got on very well. That night we all went out to this club and danced and drank more. After that we went to some dudes house for another party. I think I got home that night.

This week of shooting has been so crazy. We are shooting from 4PM to 5:30AM so I get to sleep sometime after 6 and then wake up at like 1:00PM and have like one hour for my self before I have to be back on set. it's frustrating but still fun. Ee make it fun. The extras on set are so hilarious. They eat all the food, they pass around their portrait, they wear the most ridiculous clothes for the occasion, E.G. This one guy, OK OK the scene is an Indian restaurant, nothing fancy. This Italian looking guy with longish black hair is wearing one of those extremely tight pure white tops with long sleeves and one of those black boater hats, not sure if that is what they are called but picture what Rocky would have worn. Then this other guy, he spent 20 Min's practicing fake eating, then he asked me if I could find him a pair of black sunglasses to go with his suit.... idiot! who wears glasses at dinner, and besides his back was to the camera and he was out of focus. We are all starting to show our quirky side a bit more I think- which is funny- we all know each other pretty well now so it is always funny. It has been a lot of late working nights recently and they all kind of blurred into one. This last week, I have had maybe one hour to my self per day before getting to the shoot. Today I have the whole day off because tonight we shoot from 11PM till 11AM which shall be an interesting experience. I haven't even bothered to book a room for tonight as I wont be sleeping.... obviously.

I hope everyone is well and I hope that my family got home safely and everyone is in good health. I am still having fun in NY, it still rocks. oh last night was the first post wrap drinking session we have had. it was cool to see the real side of people like this. we played pool. Tiny table, giant balls, short cue's and the strangest rules I have ever heard of: never two shots on any foul ball, you must nominate the pocket and which ball you plan to sink.

It is insane.

No comments: