Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Props

Well it seems as though I have even more to do for this movie. I, along with Steve are in charge of all the props, which is everything from "hospital tags" to "flat screen TV', even a "jar jar binks collectors jar" basically everything you see in a movie that someone is holding, using or standing around. I am going to buy a cheap bike so I can hoon around the city finding all these little things. It seems like a lot of work but in reality... It is a shit load of work. Inbetween revised script reading and importing fake hand guns I will try and get some sleep. Although I think Steve might be doing most of the more complicated props, I will be getting hundreds of intricate things that you take for granted in a film. I will also be working with Steve to set up sets and apartments and helping with the overall image of the film. Tomorrow when I get the revised script I will be reading it and highlighting every single object that is being used. Things like "bag of brown heroin" and "dime bag of weed" should be interesting. Then I have to organize which props go to which base location, and order them. Writing all this out actually helps me to memorize my responsibilities. I am lucky because I am working with pretty cool people. This, Steve dude from Australia is pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does sound like a lot of hard work. Good Luck!! Be safe riding that bike.

Anonymous said...

jake mate your awesome we all love you!!!! good luck with all the hard work matie!!! we are all missing you so much were just chilln' at jens tonight wish u were here love clare, clare and jen