Saturday, July 08, 2006

Last night in the directors chairpad


The man himself, ajay naidu. tomorow he gets back with his girlfriend, heather burns:


So, I am back out in the mix. I'll be ok as I know many people now who I am sure won't mind having me for a couple of days here and there... I hope.

On the plus side, Attila is comming back from LA on sunday- great! He's a champion.

A couple of nights ago, Angelo ("Gelo") the guy who connected Steve and I to the film, and one of the cultural icons of lower manhattan (no joke) got me on the vip list for this great club called Avalon. It is in this huge church with two different rooms, hip-hop room and the techno room. There's nothing like walking through the velvet ropes, looking back at the huge line of people you just walked past- haha!. Also, Gelo gave me some free drink cards- so it was even better.

They look after me pretty well over in NY. I played some street basketball on Roosevelt Island which was fun, I have no fitness though!

Last night I went out to Brooklyn with Josh for a concert. The Broken Social Scene played and they were pretty good. Of course, we didn't pay $30 to get in, we just chilled with the other bums on the outside of the fence. The gig was in this big park called Prospect, kind of like the botanical gardens but it had nothing on the BG! It was really nice though to get out of the buildings for a while and lay down in amongst the trees and plants and watch the sunset and hear the music - it was very chilled out. I am thinking about going back their tonight as there is a reggae band playing and I think hearing that in the middle of Brooklyn that would be a cool experience, but I have to clean up Ajay's apartment, and make it all nice, then I am meeting someone at like 11:30 so I am not sure if I will go.

Brooklyn is pretty cool. I saw lots of spinning rims, baggy red shirts and loud music. oh and the best part was seeing these four old black guys playing dominoes on a little home made bench outside a deli. The fourth of July was a couple of days ago and steve, koala jack, and I went to this party in midtown with a fantastic view for the fire works. it was a pretty god party, i saw heaps of people I hadent seen for a few weeks, which was cool.


After that we went to this really exclusive expensive hotel/club/bar etc.. called The Hudson. Sarah- along with five of her friends(all of whom I met at the wedding)- used woth work at The Hudson, so they showed me around, Steve and I played pool against some rich father and son and we lost- was all my fault. I was happy to even just hit the right ball after a while... free drinks.


Tomorrow is Saturday night... I think I'm gonna have to party. I have been skateboarding all around the city the last few weeks- ever since my bike was stolen. I just dont want to fall of the board because one way you hit a parked car, the other way you hit a moving-towards-you-car, haha... Though it's not so bad- you don't need to worry yourself Dad.

Oh, my iRiver broke a couple of weeks ago, the bottle of drink in my bag opened while I was riding. it sucks, I have no music :( I go a little crazy with out music, but never in my life have I listened to as much music as I would like!)

Dad, can you please go to sam's house and let him know about my email and blog? I didn't see him before I left.

Friends-wise Could Clare (or someone) please give my blog address or email to people like Zak, Rowen, Bettsie, Aimee, Kat, etc.. as I would hate to fall out of contact with people. The night before I left to go to NY I was driving to Tom's to pick up something I left there and I went past zak's but he wasn't there...


(great story jake, great intrigue)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jake ole boy what has happened to you!! you have only been gone a few months and you are losing pool already i am so dissapointed!!! you and i where the ultimate team back in melbourne!! you better not let me done when you return!! love you! hope to hear from you soon!! love clare xox