Sunday, April 23, 2006

No go to euro (cheesy I know)

After checking up on the progress of my visa I found out I could not get my application accepted in the time frame I needed. Since being in NY by the first of may for the shooting of the film is the priority, I cancelled my application and asked them to send back my passport. The quickest they can get it back to me is around 17 hours before my flight so, like many before me, I am cutting it very close.

I got a great price for my flight over there, but I had to stop over in LA for a day which is what I was originally going to do. $2,395 for a return trip to NY, including: one nights accommodation in LA near Venice beach including shuttle bus their and back to the airport. Youth card, two nights accommodation in NY, QBE life insurance and all the taxes and charges that come along with traveling. So after my day in LA I will be in NY, as it is getting warmer over there. Steve, Luke and koala jack will be in town and I haven't seen them for many years. It is going to be very interesting. First time I will arrive at an airport without anyone waiting for me there. Try and split a cab with someone else going into Manhattan or catch the subway. Kind of daunting, the prospect of being totally responsible for myself when travelling, but at the same time really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

thr said...

Go the train. The cab is the easy option, but you'll see and take in more ona train. Do your hoeworl first so you know what line, stop and tiocket you'll need
Let 'er rip!!
Tom