Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Final Day In New York..

well.
 
my final day in NY. i leave tomorrow 19th of November and arrive back in melb on the 21st......
 
i have a very strange feeling in my stomach. i am a little scared and nervous, but yet also exited to see everyone back home.
 
tonight i am seeing my friends here for the last time. first we will play some pool then move on to this little bar. then tomorrow i get all my belongings together and take the A train out over the bridge, with a final look back at Manhattan. then a long 24 hour trip, but very kindly, Kerri bought me an ipod shuffle so i will have music for it.
 
i think it is going to hit me the most tonight, around my great friends i have made here. but i know i will be back here one day. i have good contacts and friends here so i know the door wont shut behind me.
 
i cant wait to see my little brother (who i hear is growing very fast) and my dad(who should be the same height as when i left). and then to see my awesome friends in Australia, who i have really missed.
 
i want to thank everyone in new york who have gone out of their way to help me, with accommodation, work, friendship and advice. i feel i have learnt a great many things and i have had some amazing times.
 
i want to thank Steve and Sarah for putting me up, and putting up with me. i had some great conversations with Steve and Sarah about all kinds of things and i thank them for that as well. and thank you Krista for helping me organise the trip!
 
Ajay thanks for letting me be a part of a life changing event - ashes. and i know we will work together again someday.
Attila, for always looking out for me and helping me out all the time, your a bloody legend and it had been great tearing up the set with you.
gelo for your hospitality and the great nights we have had out on the town.
and to gorgeous Kerri. i was touched that you invited me down to carver to hang out with you and your awesome family and since, i have really liked getting to know you more and i will miss you.
 
good bye NY,
 
Jake

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

fare-thee-well jake, missing you already, do your thing for a year and get your ass back to the big apple,

Anonymous said...

dont listen to him jake, melbourne's where its at

Jake said...

now which one of you is the little red devil with a pitch fork on my right shoulder? because i will listen to that one...

Anonymous said...

WE'RE your devil, jake.

so hurry up and get back. but not before March because I hear you're getting a visit from some HOT American Carver girl..

Jake said...

"WE'RE your devil, jake"

i knew you had split personalities.

Anonymous said...

you silly tart, you know what I meant.

:)